This watercolor painting was inspired by the historic Blount Mansion settled in the heart of Knoxville. Construction for the mansion began in 1792 and the property was purchased from John Carter and sold to William Blount in 1974. William Blount was the only territorial governor of the Southwest Territory and even served as the de facto capitol for a time being. Artist Bethany Stahl was made aware of the beautiful homes vast history and was invited it paint it!
This is apart of the Historic Architecture collection which is inspired by architecture and the vast history these elements hold!